So when my mom was up here this summer, we decided to celebrate her 60th birthday (it was WAY early but oh well) since we won't be able to be in Cali for the actual day. We took her to tea and then got some pics done with just her and her daughters. If you knew Heather and my mom, well they are tea fanatics. Heather then got Bri and I hooked on it too. Well being in Idaho I never knew that we had a tea house here. It's not the type of tea house my mom is use to in Cali, which we found out when we drove up to the house.
It was a very old "mansion". I actually really liked. The owner had converted it back to what it would have looked like when it was built. So we walked into the great looking parlor.
Then she took us back one by one and dressed us up with hats, boas and fans. So basically what women would have worn back in the day. So here are all 4 of us ready for some tea. Just like proper ladies. hehe If anyone knows me, I am not a proper lady!
The room that use to be the cigar room, she actually made into the tea room. Kind of sticking it to the man, don't you think!
Mom enjoying her first cup of tea at a very new experience.
Now it is Heather's turn to pose and enjoy!
Bri actually did really well. She had just gotten out of the hospital from her gallbladder surgery. She was a trooper.
And of course they had to get me. I hate it. hehe
At the end of the tea, which was about 2 hours, the owner took us out into the gardens for some pictures and a little reflection time. She had us all make a wish, either to ourselves or out loud, and then had a very nice thank you speech.
It was a very unique time. It still wasn't what I would call tea time, but it was very fun. The food was fantastic and the tea was yummy. Most of all it was a time were I was able to spend time with my mom and my sisters, together. Which has been a long time coming. Maybe it can be a new tradition for us anytime my mom comes up. we will see.
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Tea time with Mom
Posted by The Gould's at 9:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment