So every year we try and go huckleberry picking. I have been planning on making jam with it but I never seem to last. One year Heather and I tried a pie, which did not turn out. Oops and then this year I made a huckleberry cobbler which was delicious. Alot better than jam, well at least I think so. So maybe next year we can get enough to do both! Heather and her girls came with us and I think they all had fun.
Kenzie stayed by her mommy's side and helped her pick but she liked the berries too much. They hit her mouth before they even go into the bag.
Cora was a really good picker. She got right into but she had to take moment to pose for the camera.
Alexa and Keegan ate more than they picked, but they had fun doing it. So isn't that what matters the most? Alexa stopped to show me her bag.
Being the same size as the bushes, Kenzie had the perfect view. She played in the berries, the dirt and anything else she could get her hands on.
Cameron had fun hanging out with Daddy and helping him out. He actually ate almost anything he picked but just like his brother he had fun doing it.
I couldn't believe Gabby. She LOVED the huckleberries. She would actually be very careful with the bushes and just slightly put her mouth on the berries and then pull them off. She just kept running around eating the huckleberries off any bush she could find.
All the kids, including Gabby, liked to hang out where Delton was picking. So he had alot of help, even though most of the time he had to go back thorugh the same bushes that they were doing. At least he had some company to entertain him. :)
We had a successful time. Heather got enough for her dessert and I got enough for mine. Even though we had wanted more, we made alot of happy memories and just had a really good time. There is alwaysn next year!
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Huckleberry Picking
Posted by The Gould's at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment