A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving








So here is our night of pumpkin carving. Delton and I decided to
buy one of those pumpkin carving kits. We thought we would see
how good they worked and maybe Keegan would be
able to use it too. Cameron thought it was great to
get his hands all dirty in the pumpkin guts. Keegan still
hates to clean out the pumpkin but he did a pretty good job.















Cameron is still cheesing it up with the camera and
Keegan is pretty proud of his clean out job.




Keegan was in such deep concentration. He drew
his own face on the pumpkin and he basically
carved out 95% of the face.
He did a great job and he was so happy
he did it all himself.



Cameron had to help Mommy with his pumpkin.
Keegan was never really interested in the pumpkins
when he was little but Cameron is the complete opposite.
He had to be right in there with me. He kept taking the
puncher and poking into all the cuts I already did.
He kept him happy and it worked.


Like father like son, Delton is in deep concentration too.
The kit we bought had alot of different patterns that you can try.
So Keegan picked out the ones he wanted us to carve into
our pumpkins. Delton ended up doing the wolf one and I
did that cross bones.
So here is out finished projects!! YEAH...every year I
swear I am not carving something different and I still
do it. It takes me twice as long as Delton but I still do it.
So the pumpkins go as follows...just in case you can't tell...
(starting left to right) Delton = Howling Wolves
Amber = Skull and crossbones
Keegan = Toothy Grin
Cameron = Happy Pumpkin
This is our attempt at trying to get a good picture
with the lights off. Good enough right?


One last try at a good picture. We had a blast. The kids
where way excited and even though Cameron tuckered out
before Delton and I started on ours, Keegan was our cheering section.
He kept walking back and forth between Delton and I telling us
"Good Job" and "You need to be careful" and "That looks great".
So it was a fun filled night and pumpkins can be annoying but too fun
to sit out.








1 comments:

LaRue Country Living said...

ok so i love how your boys have to naked to do this. you guys crack me up. thanks for letting me tag along for the trick or treating. the girls had a fun time and it made me not miss home, cali, so much. love ya