So I was lucky enough to have my parents here over the holidays. They got to stay at Heather's which is always a great way to save money. I would love to have had them here but Heather had a little more room and she has a dog that doesn't shed. So needless to say we were almost always over there. I love seeing my parents but in a way it is always bittersweet because they have to go home sooner or later. I miss them terriblely and I know it will be awhile till I see them again. So I try to make the most out of their visits and hope that the time doesn't fly by too quickly. I know Delton and I made the right decision when we decided to come back to Idaho after living in Cali but not having my parents here is still as hard has it was when we moved. They are wonderful parents and the support they have for me is immoveable. Maybe one day they will follow the rest of us up here to Idaho.
Anyways...my Dad is turning 60 this month so during Christmas we decided to have a little early birthday celebration for him. We got portraits done, just him and his daughters, and they turned out really well. Maybe one of these days I will scan them in so I can share but don't hold your breath. We will see.
We then took him to Olive Garden. That was his choice and a great choice it was. We all enjoyed our dinners.
Of course we had to have Olive Garden sing to him. We had to try and embarass him even though I don't think it worked. Oh well.
It was too bad Delton and Ken weren't able to be there but we all still had fun without them. We were hoping to go play lazer tag that night too but a HUGE storm rolled in so we decided we should go do it another day. So we left Olive Garden and headed home. Olive Garden is in Idaho Falls which is about 25 minutes from Heathers and about 40 minutes from my house. It took us 2 hours to get to Heathers and then just 30 to get to mine. The storm was AWFUL! We had to drive 25 miles an hour and even then you couldn't see the road. Heather was scared and I was scared too. She was following me so I tried to act brave but who knows if I really pulled it off. My hands and back were sore the next day from being so tight through the drive.
We made it home safely so we were able to head off a few days later to play Lazer tag at Blast Off. Dad was already to go. Can't you tell he is shooting Cora already!
This is the gang that got to play. Delton and my mom stayed out to watch Cameron and Kenzie. We didn't want to worry about Cameron getting run over so Delton volunteered.
We all had a blast shotting each other. The girls and Keegan thought it was great. Keegan was a little afraid that there would be people jumping out at him in the dark. So the guy who was helping us get our gear on let me take the kids through the playing field to show them that it was just us in there. Keegan didn't like the haunted houses during Halloween so he thought any dark place was going to be like that. Once we showed them around we were ready to go. The kids took off and shot anybody and everybody. It was great. It really was just alot of fun. Keegan still is asking when we can go back. After words we just talked while we let the kids play around and try to pose for the perfect picture. Well at least they tried!
Here is just all of us taking abreak to get a picture. We actually have ALL of us, the guys and all.
Cameron feel in love with the ball pit. My dad is such a great grandpa he spent most of the time playing in, yes he went IN, the ball pit with Cameron. I don't have any pictures of that yet but when I get them off the other disk you just have to see it.
Delton is the quiet type so he just hung out with everyone, just watching. He did take some time out of watching to enjoy tickle time with Keegan.
Of course I had to get some pics of everyone else. Heather and Ken just hanging out hoping Kenzie stays asleep.
shhh...she is still sleeping...and sleeping...and sleeping. I bet you Heather is wondering why Kenzie can't sleep like this at home.
My mom and Bri hanging out. Look at Bri's tummy...isn't it cute?
Dad chit chatting with the employees. That is one thing I love about my dad he can make friends anywhere and he treats everyone he meets like a friend.
So I hope that we made my dad's birthday a little bit special even though it was a little early. I had fun, the kids had fun and it was memorable.
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Friday, January 23, 2009
My mom and dad
Posted by The Gould's at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment