So as you all can tell I am trying to update this blog a little bit. Cameron is just chillin' on the couch watching Wall-E so I thought I would try and get some new posts done.
Delton and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year. I still can't believe it has been 10 years already. We have had our ups and downs, our fights and our make-ups, but overall it as been wonderful. We have grown together, changed together and we are closer than we have ever been. I feel like I love him more than the day we married, and I never though that could be possible. We have played hard, took trips, camped alot, moved out of state, had kids, bought a house, went through I don't know how many vehicles, got animals, worked, fought, cried (mostly by me hehe), made up, loved and just went crazy!! Our life together has been busy, fun, content, crazy, full of love and many memories. I am so excited to see what the next 10 years will bring us. We have never been without the boys for more than 2 days, Delton has with his business trips but I haven't. So we decided it was time to break the cycle and take a little trip with just us. Since I was just pregnant and we were having those little issues, we decided to stay somewhat local. So we went to SLC, Wendover and Twin Falls. It was so much fun. Just relaxing and enjoying each other without little kiddos. I missed them the whole time but now I see how important it is for us to find our "alone" time. So here is a little memory book of our trip.
So we stopped in SLC first. We had our first experience with their tram system. It was quite fun. We stayed at the Plaza Hotel and had a wonderful room. We decided to try a different type of restraunt then the normal Steak House that we like to go to. So Delton found "Rodizios". It was really good and just different. We got overly full but that's ok. We liked it. We then took a walk around Trolley Square before heading back to Temple Square. We needed to get our food settled before we took our sunset carriage tour.
Delton ordered a Romantic Sunset Carriage tour. It took us around Temple Square then up into the hills to Heritage Park. It was gorgeous. The whole tour was what I always wanted out of a carriage ride. I have been asking Delton to take me to SLC to get a carriage tour but we just have never done it. So he suprised me with one this time. The temple of course looked gorgeous with the sunset. Our driver was very knowledgable of the area but at the same time he left us alone too. It was just alot of fun. Cletus was our horse. He was very well behaved. :)
The next morning we headed over to the temple grounds. For some odd reason Delton and I couldn't sleep in so we were there at 8:30 and it was so quiet. They didn't even have any tours going yet. It was actually very nice. We got lots of pictures and just some more piece and quiet.
After we walked around the temple grounds, went into the Joseph Smith building, we headed on out to Wendover. The mall that I was use to in SLC was gone and they have converted the old Union Pacific train station into a new mall. It was a little different and it was an out door mall. So I wonder what they do in the winter? We stopped at the Great Salt Lake and stretched our legs a little bit and then hit the nice flat drive of the Salt Flats. It was soo white, I have no idea how Delton drove it. It hurt my eyes. We stayed at the Montego Bay Hotel and our room was once again just gorgeous. We gambled, ate, swam and gambled some more. Delton is the lucky one so he always wins what I lose. :) We actually came out $100 ahead, which isn't too bad. We aren't big time gamblers...we just like the slot machines. I have fallen in love with the penny slots. Then I can play alot and not have to worry too much on how much I am losing. hehe
After Wendover we headed to Twin Falls and drive the 1000 Springs byway. It was gorgeous as usual. I just really enjoy seeing all the springs. Twin Falls was our down town. We had no where to go, so we just napped, ate at Jakers (yum yum), swam and slept some more.
Over all the trip was fantstic! We got our R&R, some alone time and we just enjoyed being together. 10 years has come and gone but the next 10 will be even better. It was a great way to celebrate 10 wonderful years together!
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
10 Wonderful Years
Posted by The Gould's at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment